Bovodar and the Bears Banner

Bovodar and the Bears Banner

Monday, October 6, 2014

Two Years Writing Bovodar and the Dragons

My work on the first draft of Bovodar and the Dragons continues.  I suppose I'm one of those traditional cases where a man comes home from work and struggles to write what he can when he can in his off hours.  I have a growing family and a job that sometimes asks for an extra shift from me every other week.  So, the high-minded pursuit of writing is often put to the side.


In any event, Bovodar and the Dragons continues.  I would say that I am about three fifths finished with the first draft.  Already, the length of this work has exceeded the word count of the first book, but length is not my goal in this new story.  The characters have become more developed, and there are more details about the relationships between Bovodar and his bear friends.  More characters have appeared in this book than I expected, and we even get to learn more about the Wolf King and the world that Bovodar inhabits--its power structures, its geography, and some of its history.  

At this point, Bovodar has encountered two dragons.  Ironically, even though this sequel is titled Bovodar and the Dragons, he will actually encounter far more in the third book of the trilogy: Bovodar and the Wolf.  

So, this second book is taking longer than I had intended.  I am now approaching the end of year two for this book.  I do realize there are other writers out there who throw together novels within a month's time, but then again, writing is not my career...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment